Terms and Conditions
Using the NZSG Website
The New Zealand Society of Genealogists ("NZSG") welcomes visitors to use its website services and material.
By using the NZSG website you accept these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by them. It is important that you read these carefully.
Amongst other things, they exclude or restrict NZSG’s liability for loss of damage arising from your use of this website.
1. These terms apply to your use of the website and to any subsequent use you make, on any occasion, of the material and information you obtain
2. The material is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
3. You may use the information, but any information you obtain may be used only in accordance with these terms. Where any information is used in the publication of family research that information must be appropriately acknowledged.
4. Users must abide by all restrictions in force from time to time:
- You must use the NZSG website, and any information you obtain, only for your personal family research.
- You must not download, copy, reuse, resell, or republish online or in print or in any other format any part of the material, except in the context of your individual family history.
- You must not make any of the material available to anyone online, except where you publish your personal family research online even where this incorporates information extracted from the material.
- You must not resell any of the material or any information obtained through the NZSG website, but you may sell a personal family history you have created even where this incorporates information extracted from the material.
- You must not alter or adapt any of the material, nor pass it off as your own work or the work of someone else.
- You must not use the material in any way which is defamatory or fraudulent.
5. You will not obtain any rights or interests in or to any of the material of the NZSG website.
6. NZSG may suspend or permanently disable your access to the NZSG website without warning if you do not comply fully with all these terms at all times and NZSG may take legal action for injunction, damages or both.
Terms of Trade
The New Zealand Society of Genealogists (hereafter referred to as "NZSG") provides a range of products and services - including CDs, DVDs, books, and printed material and education courses related to genealogy.
Prices and Payment
All prices are as advertised in the Society's magazine or on the website but may be subject to change. All prices include GST. P&P charges are additional. Payment must be received in advance of delivery.
Purchase of Products
All prices displayed are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
When you place an order on this website, NZSG will email you an acknowledgement. NZSG's acceptance of an order does not take place until the order is despatched.
Where possible, your order will be shipped in one consignment. However, NZSG may send your order in multiple shipments.
NZSG may, in its entire and unfettered discretion, refuse an order. Refusal may, for example, result from:
- the product ordered being unavailable, or
- fraudulent activity flags being activated, or
- the identification of an error within the product information, including price or promotion.
Please note that stock levels online are indicative only.
NZSG aims to despatch orders within 2-3 working days of receipt of payment. All orders are handled by the NZ Post network.
All materials posted overseas comply with NZ Post terms and conditions of trade.
Please note that delivery times are NZSG's best estimate and are given in good faith but are not to be treated as a condition of the sale. No claim shall be made by a purchaser on account of late delivery however caused. Late delivery shall not constitute a breach of this contract by NZSG, and the purchaser shall not be entitled to cancel the contract because of late delivery.
Registration is essential (form available in magazine and on the website) and can be by post or online through the website's shop. A separate registration is required for each course.
Returns Policy and Refunds
NZSG is bound by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. All goods are as advertised and supplied in new condition unless otherwise stated. If the goods are faulty please contact the Society's office.
Please note the Society does not otherwise provide a refund. Liability is limited to the cost of the goods. In the event of the registrant cancelling up to 48 hours before an educational course starts, a credit of the course cost will be held in their name. In the event of an educational course being cancelled, registrants will be advised as soon as practicable and offered a later date for the same course, another course of comparable value or a full refund.