The NZSG Library is located at our Family Research Centre (FRC) in Panmure, Auckland
The NZSG Library holds resources in a variety of formats - books, CD-ROMs, maps, microfiche, microfilms, tapes and family history magazines.
- Approximately 65,000 itemised resources
- Approximately 2000 published family histories
- In excess of 400 metres of shelving containing books relating to family history and genealogy
- Thirteen computers in the Library available for free Internet research on Ancestry.com
- Free access to Findmypast and The Genealogist websites
- Eight drawers of microfilms of some early NZ newspapers and Australian and New Zealand Shipping Passenger Records
- Twenty-eight drawers of microfiche including the IGI (International Genealogical Index) and other assorted records for New Zealand, Australia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man
- Large collection of laminated historical maps for England, Ireland and Scotland
- Maps for New Zealand, Australia and other countries
- Film reading capability
The NZSG's Library Catalogue is available online. Non-members are welcome to browse it!
NZSG offers a postal borrowing service for members resident in New Zealand who cannot visit the Library in Auckland. Up to four items may be borrowed for up to 28 days.
This service operates on a user pay basis with members being asked to reimburse the cost of postage.
Members are able to order directly through the Library Catalogue online or email a request direct to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Research Services team can be consulted if you require further information on a book's contents.
Postal Orders are processed four times a week and sent out via NZ Post.
Library Purchasing Suggestions
We welcome purchasing suggestions from members on what you would like to see in our Library.