Family Research Centre (FRC)
Level 1, 159 Queens Road
The Family Research Centre (FRC) is open to everyone seeking assistance with researching their family history. It accommodates the national office of the Society, the NZSG Library, and is the venue for educational courses.
There is a team of experienced volunteers rostered on duty for each morning, afternoon and evening the Library is open. These volunteers have an accumulated wealth of knowledge and experience to help guide every visitor with their research. This provides a unique service.
Getting to the FRC
The FRC is approximately 25km from the Auckland airport and 15km from downtown Auckland.
- Bus stops are located close by and the walk from train takes about 10 minutes.
- Parking for the Disabled is located at the back door of the library.
- Free all-day parking is available within easy walking distance on Domain Road and Queens Road.
|Opening Hours |
|Monday ||10am - 4pm |
|Tuesday ||CLOSED |
|Wednesday ||10am - 8pm |
|Thursday ||10am - 4pm |
|Friday ||10am - 4pm |
|Saturday ||10am - 4pm |
|Sunday ||CLOSED |
Regular Extra Library Sessions
Wednesday Nights: The library is open from 4pm to 8pm each Wednesday, February-December.
Friday nights: The Library is open from 4pm-10pm on the first Friday of the month, February-December.
The Library is open on most Public Holidays. Any public holiday closures will be notified on this page.
|Members ||Non Members |
|$5.00 ||per daily session ||$20.00 ||per daily session |
|$5.00 ||Wednesday evening session (4pm - 8pm) ||$20.00 || per evening session |
|$5.00 ||Friday evening session (4pm - 10pm) || $20.00 || per evening session |
|$0.20 ||Printouts from computer and A4 copies from books (per copy/sheet) |
Meeting Room and Equipment Hire
For hire rates and conditions of hire for the meeting room please contact the NZSG Manager.
Family Research Centre Library
The FRC Library holds resources in a variety of formats - books, CD-ROMs, maps, microfiche, microfilms, tapes and family history magazines.
- Approximately 65,000 itemised resources
- Approximately 2000 published family histories
- In excess of 400 metres of shelving containing books relating to family history and genealogy
- Thirteen computers in the Library available for free Internet research on Ancestry.com
- Free access to Findmypast, The Genealogist and Family Relatives websites
- Eight drawers of microfilms of some early NZ newspapers and Australian & New Zealand Shipping Passenger Records.
- Twenty-eight drawers of microfiche including the IGI (International Genealogical Index) and other assorted records for New Zealand, Australia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man
- Large collection of laminated historical maps for England, Ireland & Scotland
- Maps for New Zealand, Australia and other countries
- Remote film reader capability
SEARCH THE LIBRARY (members only).